The Palmyra Ward treated us with candy and the RS had a special speaker, Sister Wendy Cederlof, Assistant Matron of the Temple. Some of her words of wisdom: Mothers, we do need help, ask, you cannot pester the Lord, motherhood is hard, we need to help and stand together. One mother said "I didn't know I had a temper until I had a two year old." Ask and accept help from another sister "I felt so valued and so loved by her service," let us draw close and be there for each other. Don't quit, the Lord is with us. Remember to love our children and let them know you love them. The RS Presidnecy then had a lovely brunch for us.
The husbands in our temple group made dinner for us this evening. We had BBQ ribs and chicken, dutchoven potatoes, baked beans, salads and sherbet. It was lovely and we didn't have to do a thing. What great husbands we have. We are blessed to be so cherished and loved.
Thursday morning we woke up to rain but by afternoon it was nice so we went over to see High Falls in Rochester. The Genesee River flows right through the city. By the early 1800's the river was supplying the power that made Rochester the flour capital of the world.
Bananna tree at the conservatory, sorry I forgot to turn it.
We are so grateful to be serving the Lord in this beautiful spot. We feel His spirit in all we do and thank Him for this privilege to be of service. Love you all and happy birthday to my three brothers, Steve, Don and Ron. I am also grateful for my mother, Verletta and Paul's mom, Margery, what great women and examples of womanhood they have been for me.
1 comment:
Dear Elder and Sister Lewis,
I loved reading your entries and looking at your photos. The photos are great, especially since you can click on them and have them enlarge. We are so happy for you and the work that you are doing for the members that attend the temple and for those people on the other side of the veil. We're so grateful to know you.
Sincerely,
Gene Figueroa
Post a Comment