Sunday, November 11, 2007

2nd Week of November

Today we had the opportunity to pick up Cieanna (a 2 year old) and bring her to nursery. She is such a sweetheart. Her mother works at the Palmyra Inn and is a new convert to the Church. She had to work today so we picked up Cieanna for Primary. We are trying to pick up where the Crookstons left off with these wonderful people. We had Fast and Testimony meeting today because of Stake Conference last week.
Getting ready to start our walk through the Sacred Grove today.

After Church and choir practice today we took a walk through the Sacred Grove. It is getting cold. This is the new section they have built for groups to have testimony meetings in the grove.

Won't be long until there are no leaves at all. We are getting a really good view of the temple now.

After walking through the Grove we went over to the Hill Cumorah where we watched the "Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration" movie. We love it and we love him. What a remarkable man. Today in RS our lesson was on the Prophet Joseph. What an example of faith and courage.

We had to walk through Zion's Camp also even though it is empty. Such great memories we have of this wonderful place.

Paul leaving the temple. His favorite job is to haul out the trash at the end of the day so the temple president doesn't have to do it. Saturday we spent the morning, three sessions, in the baptistry. I believe we had about 50 youth come through. Luckily for us we had a volunteer in the laundry. They are the most wonderful people, so needed in a not too glamorous job.

We will be gone for two weeks so will not have a post next week. We are flying to Utah to pick up some winter clothes and take care of a few things that need to be done so we can stay another year. We get to spend Thanksgiving with our family. We are so blessed.

Have a great couple of weeks and know that we are so thankful for each of you and your influence for good on our lives. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember He who gave us this beautiful world and the blessings of the gospel.

3 comments:

Debi Lassen said...

I heard that you went to Utah! I was talking to Bishop Hales one morning and he said, "guess who I'm eating breakfast with today....the Lewis'!"
Your pictures are beautiful, but it does look like it's getting very cold there!
We love and miss you both....we're getting closer to sending Steffen off; we get the privilage and joy of taking him to the LA temple this coming Saturday morning for him to recieve his own endowment; it will truly be a joyful day for us.....he goes in the MTC on your birthday, President! We'll sure be thinking of you that day.
Thanks for the blog and keeping it up. Love always.....

JerBear & Co. said...

Elder and Sister Lewis,
Hi! I ran across your blog link on McKay Barlow's blog, which I ran across on Kirsten Kent's blog today! How exciting to hear about you! That's awesome that you are doing a temple mission in Palmyra; my dad would have loved to have done that. He really wanted to go to Nauvoo when they served their mission, but they were grateful to even serve a mission at all. You're welcome to check out our blog: familyintheclouds.blogspot.com. I'll have to tell my parents about your blog; I'm sure they'd love to see it. Would you mind if I list it on my blog page? It sure looks beautiful there. Enjoy! :-)
Love,
Tami (Kelly) Gooch

JerBear & Co. said...

I take that back; it wasn't McKay's blog where I found yours; it was on Corinne's blog, which I found on McKay's blog, which I found on Kirsten's blog. :-) This whole blogging thing is fun! I found all sorts of people I hadn't heard from for a long time. :-) Tami