Chill N Grill is the local ice cream parlor. It closes in the winter and just reopned, of course it snowed the day it opened. You won't find bigger ice cream cones anywhere.
The temple was very busy this week. The Jamestown Stake filled up three of our sessions on Saturday. Paul and I served in the Baptistry in the morning and did two groups. We also had a tour group from England, Switzerland, Sweden, and Portugal. We added an extra session for them at 4:30 so we were in the temple from 7:30 am until 7 pm. A great day for us.
Easter Sunday the choir sang two numbers. Sister Marilyn Dahneke and Pres. Jones, spoke on the week leading to the crucifixion and the resurrection. Both talks were filled with the spirit. Sister Mary Harris, our choir director, sang "His Hands". It was a great Easter Sunday. We had Elder Fisher, Elder Moffitt and Mark a new member for dinner.
I'm going to include a thought we heard at the temple this week.
The Legend of the First Robin
A small brown bird looked down from a tree and saw a Man standing beneath a heavy wooden cross. A crown of thorns encircled His head and cruelly pierced the skin. Moved by His suffering, the little bird followed along with the crowd surrounding the Man, and suddenly swooped down and pulled one of the thorns from the Man's forehead. The Man lifted His eyes to the little bird and smiled a silent "thank you." As the bird flew on, a drop of blood fell from the thorn and stained his breast a bright crimson. And since that day, the humble robin wears a symbol of His mercy for that suffering Man--our Savior.
2 comments:
That's a nice little story. I hadn't heard that before. Thanks for sharing! :-) Tami
I love to read how you guys are doing every week! Thanks for blogging! I like the robin story.
Post a Comment