Last week got away from us as far as getting our blog on line. We were very busy. We have been having three of our missionary couples for dinner. Here we have the Archibalds from Brigham City, The Hamiltons from SL, me, and the Pestana's from Provo, previously LA.
While we were out visiting our home teaching families we happened onto a garage sale. This is Paul's big buy, an exercise bike for $3. I told him he has to ride it not me.
This is our home in Palmyra in the spring. This ornamental tree is covered with blooms and the lilacs are coming out. The tulips and daffodils are still going strong.
Last fall I happened onto a place that let you pick your own black walnuts. I got them out of the husks and let them dry but never got them shelled. I decided it was a great treat for the squirrels. The next day they were all gone.
Paul and I are directors of FHE. Monday night at Pres. & Sis. Siebach's home we had Elder and Sister LeRoy speak to us about the construction of the temple. Their good friends The Wilkins were the builders. Their two daughters and granddaughters were visiting with them. The LeRoys are construction missionaries and are here over seeing the construction of the pageant building.
This is another dinner group of missionaries. It has been a fun way to get to know people. We have the Hullingers from Springville, UT, The Crookstons from Harriman, UT and the Clawsons from Hirum, UT.
This is a view of the Hill Cumorah in the spring. It happened over night. In the foreground is the new pageant building.
Paul and I love to walk around the temple. You can see it in the background. This was one of the first days of spring.
The FM Missionaries called for help. They needed to plant 3000 pansies. There are only six FM missionaries so we came out to help. We had a little trouble standing the next day. The temple looks beautiful with color everywhere. The bulbs were already in bloom and the pansies are to fill in.
Here I am, hard at work.
When we got home Paul was busy digging dandelions in our yard. We have hundreds of them. We sprayed and are now digging them out. We were the only yard on the block that had them so we figured we had better get them out. They are so prevalent out here, you look around and there is yellow everywhere.
Last weekend we went to Cooperstown to speak in the Oneonta Branch with the Bruneaus. We love these people. They have the apple orchards and were planting 2000 trees this week.
We spent a short time at the Baseball Hall of Fame on Monday before coming back home.
This picture is for my Grandsons. There are deer everywhere, especially in the Bruneaus apple orchards.
We had dinner Sunday with the Hallists who live in Oneonta and also serve in the temple with us. They served in Nauvoo as site missionaries. There they met a mutual friend of our, Dorthy Giles, from the LA temple. She drew the picture they are standing by. She has also drawn pictures of all the temples. We have copies of them. They are beautiful.
Our thought for the week by Elder John Groberg 2007 about the temple. 1) Go when you go and you'll be blessed. 2) Go when it's a sacrifice and you'll be blessed more while you set the example for your family. 3) Increase your attendance. If you go once a month it's not enough anymore. Satan's power in the world has increased to where you need the temple more to withstand the adversary.
We have had a wonderful week in the temple. Attendance has increased, and all our summer missionaries have arrived. We started work on Friday. It's a wonderful work to be engaged in. It is true and the most important thing we can do is live it every day.
5 comments:
Grandpa and Grandma,
I love you. When are you going to come back home? I want Grandma to catch a butterfly.
Love,
Robbie and Riley
What a small world! The Hamiltons are our neighbors-they are so wonderful. Our daughter has watered plants for them in the past. I was trying to find an address for them since I'm writing missionary letters and found the Hamiltons on your blog. I have to add that I would love to know how to do those strip quilts-that looks like a way I could start quilting without being overwhelmed.
What a beautiful place to be in the spring! It's just gorgeous there.
I just returned from Provo where my girls and I flew up to attend the BYU womens' conference. We feasted on the Spirit for several days and it was so great to be in the presence of the prophet at the last session in the Marriott Center. I felt so happy to be a woman in the Lord's church.
Tonight I'm conducting a Stake YW Auxilliary Training meeting...couldn't help but think of you. I feel so blessed to serve the Lord and be part of His work.
Thanks for posting on your blog and sharing your experiences. Love and miss you!
Debi
I am keeping Alisa company as she works late at the office tonight. So I am checking up on the blogs and found yours!! I need to read it more often. Palmyra is beautiful and how wonderful it is to be there serving a mission! Thanks for sharing some of your experiences. You are doing a great work! Thanks!
HI! Sounds busy and fun!!! I saw you sent a reunion.com type email. Anyhow, cmstrchld@aol.com is still it. By the way, I like the dandylions! They're pretty and smell nice. My Mom would love to be there 4 the liliacs, yhey're her fav!! cheeres!
Kristi
Post a Comment