Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 10 - 16, 2014

Today we were invited to attend the Area Missionaries FHE at 6 pm in the Wan Chai Bldg.  We left the apartment at 10:15 after going down to the Victor's and singing Happy Birthday to Sue.  Paul went to the bank and made the deposit while I went to Prize Mart and got some candy for Dora who has been so very good to us these last 18 months.  She has gotten all the paper and printer cartridges for us for the Branch.
On the bus to Wan Chai

Dora, the receptionist on the 8th floor.

Elders and AP's we ran into at JoJo's having lunch.

A new business opening up with the Dragon dance to wish them success
From there we visited with Sister Harrington trying to get some family  history work prepared for Rommel.  We had a problem so will have to wait for some clearance in a couple of days.  Then off to JOJO's for lunch, a great India restaurant.  We also saw eight elders having lunch there also.  Then off to find some brocade with the auspicious patterns Sister Wong told us about.  Hoping to be able to use it on the quilt Connie is making for me.

Then back to the Wan Chai Bldg where Paul took a nap and I played on the piano for awhile waiting for the FHE.

President and Sister Gong shared some of their life with us.  It was a very relaxed and comfortable evening.  They met at the MTC.  She was preparing to serve in Taiwan and he had returned and was teaching.  They ended up collaborating on some projects and met up after her mission.  They have 4 boys, one married with three children.  They lived in Virginia where they raised their boys.  He is in the 1st Quorum of the Seventy.  Both really wonderful people who have dedicated their lives to the Lord.

Tuesday we were in the temple.  This week was a great week.

Ada from the Distribution Center, always so helpful and happy to see us.
 On Thursday Sister Carol Collins and many of the other English sisters who come every week were in the temple.  On this day I was the presenter at the veil and Paul was the receiver and we were able to bring her thru the veil.  What a special experience.  She is our Branch President's wife.
Carol Collins
On Wednesday the Victors were heading home.  Paul took the trolleys over to help them get down to President Wong's car.  He took them to the airport.  They flew out around 4 pm.

Paul, Pres. Wong, Sue, Mike and Bill Warner 


Now you can spy him.
Paul in the courtyard.
 This family were here from Thailand.  The brother and sister both have mission calls.  She is going to San Diego and he is going to St. George.  Pretty exciting for their family.  They came and the children received their endowment and the family was sealed.  They are here for two weeks.


 We were able to do sealings together on several occasions this week which is always special.

On Thursday evening the Salmons had us to dinner.  It was a delicious chicken curry dish and we so appreciated them.  Wonderful couple from Canada.  Have served in the West Indies and taught English in China for two years.
Friday we stayed at the temple all day, took a short break from 4-5 and then came back for the evening session to help out.  We have enjoyed doing this for the last couple of months.

Saturday I was able to help with an own endowment, Levy from the Island 2 Every day Branch. Pres. Walker and Sister Walker were both there for her.  It is so exciting to see these women come to the temple.  It is not easy for them.  It costs money to get there and to rent their clothing but they are so faithful.
These following three sisters are at the temple every Saturday morning doing a session or initiatory.  
Christine Conception

Sister Tagaron 
Venus has been working on her family history and finally has names of her grandparents printed out ready to go to the temple.  She is in Pen 3.

Venus, Sister Walker
 Velma was also at the temple on Saturday.  She comes early and we met her in the foyer around 7:30.  There was a big baptism group so she had to wait awhile but did.  We are so proud of her.

 When she finished she went on to Wan Chai for church.  I left the temple around 3 and went to meet her.  I got there in time for the last part of Sacrament meeting.  Pres.Walker and Pres.Tai were speaking.  Afterwards they had a wonderful RS activity Miss Valentine of 2014.

These were the candidates.  They modeled, did a talent and answered a question.

Paul arrived a little later and we got some pictures with him and Ami and Velma.  They also had a wonderful dinner after the program.


Our last Saturday.  It is hard to say goodbye to these wonderful women.  They are like our children. We are so very proud of them.  We are glad we have Facebook, tangle, face time and all those other great things where we can keep in touch easily.

Sunday was our last Sunday in Peninsula 3.  Paul continued to do his clerk job. Sister Collins took over the program and Gospel Doctrine class and did a great job.  I taught my Primary girls one last time and Lingling invited me to come into RS at the end and bear my testimony.  "Be true and faithful and endure to the end.  Every blessing the Lord has will be given to you if you stay faithful."

After RS I taught a brief Enrichment lesson on writing your life story.  I passed out YW journals with some ideas in them and let them begin.  I hope they take the challenge and continue on.

Primary: Crockett, MJ, Nida, Yessie, Watkins, Lisa, Shannon, Michelle, Megan, Gillian

They all converged on the other side.

Janet Lung and Carol Collins

Lingling

Madel, new Enrichment Counselor
Jacinto Family, Paul, Shannon, MJ, Rowena, Rommel, Megan, Gillian, Michelle

Mama Baby

Mary Ann and Carol

Nayda 

My Primary Girls, Shannon, Michelle, Megan, Gillian

Taeia Kong

Vilma Wen

Yessie and Michelle, Paul & MJ
A wonderful last week.  I gave out my crocheted bookmarks to the sisters in the temple each day as a special reminder of our love for them.

Several of the Sisters gave us lovely gifts and cards.

Dearest Elder and Sister Lewis!
How days and months gone so fast.  You are almost home...It's like you just came here in our Branch. I remember those words that Elder Lewis was first asked to me, "He said, Are you coming here every Sunday?  and I answered, "Yes" I am and he smiled.  And we have a choir that time at the sacrament and you said we shared those copies of the hymns to sing. and you appreciated it!

I love you both, you are a good and kind loving parents to us all and to you Sister Lewis.  you gave courage and comfort from your advises.  It's always in my heart and all the good example that you gave me.

How wonderful you are, I can feel your strong faith from to God.  You are a great example to all of us.  How grateful I am to know you, to feel your love.  Even just 18 months to feel it.  I will treasure that forever.  From both of you I felt I have my parents with me...because at home I never have.  I only have Mom.  Even though I am sad that you leave but I know we will still see each other someday!  Your children were so blessed to have you.

And we are blessed to have you here in our Branch.  We are your family!!  Thank you so much for all your help, love, kindness and service to us!  Maybe you are not here around us but in our hearts, you will always be here.  Stay in touch on Facebook!  "We love you.!  I love you! Your daughter.

Nova Saldana

Dear Elder and Sister Lewis,

I just can't find the right words to say for my deep love and gratitude to both of you.  I am very thankful to my Heavenly Father for bringing you here in our Branch and knowing you personally is such a blessing.

Please accept my simple token of friendship and memory that you'll leave behind.  Yes, you have left a great impact in my life and I will cherish this as long as I live.
May this remind you how grateful I am for all the lessons you've shared, the testimonies you bore and I really am teary eyed and touched every time I take a bite of the bread you happily share each week.  You don't know how touched I am, and my son whom I shared this act of love and kindness you do to me and he was also touched.

I love you dearly and hope you will keep in touch.  I love you and I pray that we'll meet in Jesus' feet someday...  I'll pray always in Jesus name, Amen.   Sincerely Fe Marzan

Have a great week.  REMEMBER  LIVE TO LEARN, LIVE TO LOVE, AND LIVE TO SERVE!!

1 comment:

Mission to Hong Kong said...

What a tender week!Those final days of goodbyes are inspiring and wonderful for the heart.
Please email us your phone number in Utah and the Victors also.
Travel safety and know we are so proud of your service and love. Your friendship means a great deal to us. Perhaps we can touch base when you speak in sacrament meeting. our cell is:435-6320732.