Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 17 September 13 - 19

Seemed like a slow week in the temple but moving from days to nights is different.  We have some wonderful new workers to get to know and love.  We also have a new cleaner in charge on Wednesday nights.  Last week he had 4-5 people there so that was great.  We can still help a little depending on what our last assignments are.

This week on Thursday I got a sore throat.  By Friday it turned into a raw throat and bad cough.  Saturday I stayed home from the temple, stayed home Sunday from Church and Monday did not go on the outing with the missionary group who were going to the Roosevelt Estate.  I tried some of the cough medicine I brought with me and that night had a reaction.  It feels like a heart attack.  Paul gave me a blessing and I felt better.  Dr. Martinez gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and it still took a couple of days to recover.  Today I feel much better.

Sister Thompson also had something similar but hers was more running eyes, nose and feeling just awful.  She got a flu shot earlier in the week and we think that might have brought hers on.  Anyway we are starting to feeling better and can get back to work.

Friday the 16th we went with the other couples on our shift, Rogers, Grimleys, Harrises, Wilson and us to have pizza at Gribaldi's and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge one last time with the Rogers and Wilson.  They are trying to get in all the places they need to go one last time.  It was a very fun day.  We got back in time for a short rest before going to the temple.

Paul wanted to know if you can tell whose toothpaste belongs to whom.  The first one is a full container

Mindi & Paul,Shelli and John Harris, Janice  Wilson, Paul Melba, Terry

Paul with Marilyn at Gribaldi's

Me with Dean Martin 

Brooklyn Bridge

The evening shift workers


Ice Cream after pizza

No climbing zone



No comments: