Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 13 - 19

FHE Monday night we played some more getting to know you games and then Sister Madsen said her goodbyes.  She showed a lovely video and accompanied it with her voice singing.  She is from Provo and was a PCC greeter.  She was on our 4 pm session every week.   She also wroae a book on Gratitude.  I must look that up. 


Tuesday we went to Prayer meeting at 6 and then stayed for the 7 am session.  I just about have all my sister names completed, because of the help from several sisters who come often.  Some of them being Shary Munson and Peggy Hopkinson and I have enlisted some of the young sister missionaries.  

Wednesday we did the 11 am session and then I checked in but they did not need me so I spent the next couple of hours in the laundry with Sine, the laundry coordinator.  I always love helping her.  We had a nice visit.  Then we did the 4 pm session.  

I was able to do a session at 1 pm on Friday because they only had 1 sister and 1 brother on the session.  That finished up the names I have in my possession.  We also were asked to stay late and help with some sealings at 6 pm for a family from Japan who had been on two sessions and wanted to get some sealings done.  We were also able to do about 14 of mine.  I still have a good ten to do.  I'm going to have to find some names or call Darlene for some more.  Paul still has plenty, he has not been so lucky to get people to help him.  

We had a wonderful lesson today in RS on Elder Runlends talk on Family History and Temple work.  Today we will be off to "Just Serve" to pick up food and then stop to see and help Leslie at the Assisted living home.  
Davor and Stanka Mitz children from Ljubljana Slovenia mission. They are growing Zion
Davor mowing with the mower we helped get for their wedding
Paul and I at the Banyan Tree behind the Temple




Rob and Robbie doing a fun datering

Laie Temple Visitor Center Sister Missionaries coming home from exercise 
Sunday we did "Just Serve" and also stopped by to help Leslie at the assisted living home.  She is such a sweet lady, always has something to give to the homeless.  She likes to save some of her food to give to them but I finally had to tell her Pastor Virgil can't take anything that is not packaged.  

We are preparing for Hurricane Lane which is suppose to hit us on Thursday.  

Sunday evening we brought Scharee Munson to the fireside at the Visitor Center.  President & Sister Bekker spoke along with the Sister Missionaries singing and two recent converts bore their testimony and told of their conversion.  Very inspiring evening. 
Sister     who serves in the office and cafeteria at the Temple

At the Banyon Tree behind the temple 
The VC Fireside with Sister Munson, she attends the temple Tuesday thru Friday and does sealings, iniatories and our 4 pm session every day.  What an inspiration


President & Sister Bekker of Hawaii Honolulu Mission


No comments: