Monday I went over to Jan Mecham's home and helped quilt on a quilt they were making for the mission settlement. I went back again on Tuesday and it was almost completed. Paul did the laundry early and we stopped at Taco Bell to try their special burrito for $1.50. not bad, a three cheese and a chicken enchilada. Lunch for just over $3.00. That night was FHE and the Tanners, Fowlers and Beurhrings are all going home. Sister Beuhring has been doing baby receiving blankets and needs someone to take it over so I will try.
Tuesday we went in at 11 for prayer meeting and then attended the 12 o'clock session and then went to work at 2. The sessions were not as full all day as last week. We need more ordinance workers. Many people had to wait in iniatory and sealing for enough workers.
Paul gave blood this week over at BYUH. He has been so good about doing this service. He gives doubles so can only go about every 4 months.
The last two weeks in January are a blur since I did not write weekly. I'm sure it was more of the same. Monday's going on a trip to Costco and Walmart and then FHE with the other missionaries. A couple of times I did take Tessa Sullivan over to Walmart to get her some things and I also took Jural and Rimpy Vinay over to the Honolulu side so that Ryan could have an extra for his TB test. Because they come from India the shot often shows up showing positive so he had to have an xray. I was happy to do it. Paul stayed home and rested after his strenuous racketball playing.
We see many wonderful friends in the temple. The Carroll family come often. They recently sent out their son to SLSouth mission. He is doing so great. He is a little unusual in that his voice has never changed. He is a good looking young man but you just don't expect this voice to come out of him. I guess growing up it has been a source of ridicule to him. His Mom and Grandmother come to the temple weekly and she sends us his letters. He is an amazing missionary and lives so close to the spirit. Sister Lee, who comes on Tuesday mornings to the 11o'clock session is back from the mainland. There are many like her who come the same time every week and we get to know them.
The weather this month has been very unusual and actually cool for most of the people here and those visiting want to know where is the sun.
President and Sister Hollstrom continue to take good care of us and the Broadbents.
The gospel is true and is on the earth again. We are so happy to be part of President Nelson's army of gathering Israel.
No comments:
Post a Comment