Sunday, December 16, 2007

1 Week till Christmas

Woke up to the storm this morning. We ended up getting about 12 inches. Paul shoveled snow on the driveway about every three hours.

We have had a busy week at the temple. The missionaries have been coming every shift and it has been wonderful having them. They bring a special spirit with them.

We went to the Bishop's Storehouse on Friday to help fill orders and bag produce. Saturday evening after our day in the temple we had our Temple Christmas dinner and program at the Stake Center. It was a lovely evening, great food and nice program. Sister Johnson and Sister Bell wrote the script "Musings From Mary" along with music and singing from the audience and a couple of solos by Sister McCooee. Paul was the narrator and I was Mary.


Our big storm hit late Saturday evening and dropped snow through the night. They called us about 10:30 and said Church was cancelled. We did drive over to the Church, we are within a mile, and shoveled the entrance and met three cars of visitors who wanted to know why Church was cancelled. Later in the day when we had cabin fever we drove to the Hill Curmorah and walked to the top in the snowflakes. The Sisters were at the Visitors Center visiting the Potters and went out to make snow angels.


8 comments:

Watermelanie said...

WE LOVE PALMYRA!!! This is Larry and Melanie Johnson from Oxnard. We spent a year and a half in the Lyons ward. When I saw the name Zsembery, I knew I had to post a comment. You'll have to say hello to all the temple patrons from the Lyons ward for us! It looks like you are having a wonderful time! Check out our blog too-- watermelanie.blogspot.com

We love you!

John said...

Dear Pres & Sister Lewis, Whats your mailing address so we can send you a card. I searched your blog, but couldn't find it anywhere. I enjoy seeing the pictures. Thanks, Love John Lassen

JerBear & Co. said...

How beautiful! Sounds like a lot came down in a short amount of time. Enough to cancel church even. It's good you went to the church since some people showed up. Enjoy the white Christmas! :-) Tami

JerBear & Co. said...

FYI, I DON'T THINK THAT WAS THE RIGHT BLOG ADDRESS FOR THE JOHNSON'S! I REALLY DOUBT THEY WOULD USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE, SO YOU MAY NOT WANT TO EVEN LOOK AT IT! JUST A WARNING!!! I LOOKED JUST TO SEE IF I KNEW THEM, AND WHAT I FOUND WAS UNLIKELY THEM. ANYWAY, MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE YOU ANOTHER COMMENT WITH THE RIGHT ADDRESS, BUT I WOULDN'T LOOK AT THAT ONE. :-) TAMI

Debi Lassen said...

I'm glad we can see how hard your winter is looking! We took Steffen out to buy a coat for his mission this week and I don't think we got a warm enough one....especially because he is supposed to be on a bicycle!
He was set apart tonight by Pres. Blickenstaff...we leave in the morning for Utah. Sure love you both!
Debi

Melissa said...

We just found your blog and have had a wonderful time getting caught up with you guys! It looks like you are having a great time! How fun to have it extended!

What amazing pictures of all the snow! I am loving the snow here!

We want to send you a Christmas card! Could you e-mail your address to adam@basua.com so we could get that our to you!

jlbunting.com said...

Hi Paul and MarJean.
We went to the temple this week for a sealing. President Davies was the sealer for John's cousin (he's been friends with the Bunting family since 1934 when John's grandpa asked his dad to come back to church). He said to tell you hello. I also met another sealer from Bakersfield, Brother Music, and he said to say hello as well.
I hope you're enjoying the snow. I am enjoying California, and looking forward to Christmas, but it won't quite be the same with no snow on the ground.
Love,
Becky

jlbunting.com said...

can you send me your address? My email is bunting@jlbunting.com
Becky