| Hong Kong Stake Presidency |
| The senior group |
This week we a large group from Thailand, Singapore and Bancock. The Thailand group had ten own endowments and many sealings. I was privileged to help in iniatories and Paul helped in baptistry. We were also on many of the sessions with them. They arrive on Tuesday morning and are on the 9 am session. Then after being sealed they continue to attend two or three sessions per day along with the other ordinances. We developed quite a bond with these wonderful people.
The family history missionaries tell us that Thailand wants a temple of their own. Last month they submitted 2500 names.
| Paul in the Branch clerk's office working on the records |
On our other day, Thursday, we took a trip to the 10,000 Buddha temple. It's a hike of about 15-20 minutes to the top and I am sure there are 10,000 Buddas.
We stopped at the Ikea store which is located close to the bottom for ice cream. We were able to get a cone for 25 cents so we had one going up and one coming back.
Saturday at the temple we had several of our Branch members. One was Paul Sequeira, 1st Counselor in the Branch. He is single and Paul invited him to dinner on our way home. We wanted to go to Triple O, a hamburger place originally from Canada. We went to the Harbor Mall to find it and it took some doing. This is a huge and I mean huge mall. Part of it goes out over the bay. We walked and walked and walked and on a Saturday that is no easy task because of the many many people.
| Another view of the different levels and again this is a HIGH end mall. |
Sunday was our opportunity to speak in Church. I told about us and Paul gave the doctrine. Disciples of Jesus Christ, highly favored, totally committed and records are important and be sure to come and see me in the Clerk's office so we can get your records correct. We were happy to be the first of the missionaries to speak, now we can relax. Sister Lindsy also spoke with us. She is a new convert of three months and it was her first talk. She did so good. She told a story of a friend who called her after her baptism and invited her to a party and then wanted to know what wine she wanted to drink. She told her she no longer drank and her friend was very offended and told her not to come. Several days went by and they spoke again and met for lunch. The friend better understood where she stood.
I was also sustained as Librarian of the Branch with the instructions to get it in ship shape. My first time being a librarian. I should have taken notes at home. You Librarians always did such a good job, I just showed up at the door and you provided me with whatever I needed.
This is Sister Yehlan, our Branch Missionary and she is terrific. I have never seen anything like it. Yesterday they went out after their correlation meeting and invited two sisters to come to Church and they did. These sisters, six of them, do this on a weekly basis. Their investigators are so welcomed and loved that many take the missionary lessons and see a better way of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment