| Paul waiting for the shuttle at our apartment |
We have had some delightful people in the temple this week. A couple from Mongolia have been here every day doing three and four endowment sessions. Then we had a group of four young adults here from Thailand. One received her endowment and again they have been in the temple every day doing all the ordinances and being on three and four sessions. President and Sister Hawks were in the temple on Thursday as they had two missionaries going home and the first Thursday we always have the area presidency and missionaries in the temple for a session. Paul and I have been working hard on our Cantonese at the veil and it is coming. He is using it quite often now.
I visited with one of our workers this week. Sister So. She comes from Mainland China for two weeks to serve in the temple. She joined the church in 2006. Her employer in Japan was a member and invited her. She and her youngest son joined. Her oldest son was already in the military and not at home.
We had our quarterly interview with President and Sister Aki. They are such wonderful people. This is their third time serving in Hong Kong, well actually four because I believe they both served a mission here when young. They were here as Mission President, then came as Public Relations missionaries and now as Temple President and Matron.
We have District Conference next week and Sister Cook, from the General YW and Sister Reeves, from General RS will be here. There are some special firesides planned while they are here.
This month we are off on Saturday so we and Sister Clyde tried out Ocean Park. It's a lot like Sea World. We had a great time. One thing you have to watch out for here are little steps. They always show up when you least expect them. One found me today and I went down and sprained my left hand and foot. I'm just grateful it did not break. I should be well in a few days. Also on the bus I was sitting on the aisle and we went around a corner and off I slipped right onto the floor. It was not my best day.
| Sister Clyde and us waiting for the bus to Ocean Park |
| Isn't he beautiful? |
| Looking out at the South China Sea |
| Entering the Artic area |
Today we didn't need to be to Church early so left here at 11. We took the shuttle to the TST station, caught a train took it to the Church exit. We then walk thru two malls and another couple of blocks and we are here.
The choir practiced today for Branch Conference coming up in three weeks.
| Sister Castleton director and Sister Parry pianist |
In the Boise Temple dedication President Monson included this:
"Help the youth of Thy church stand firm for truth and righteousness. Open wide to their view the gates of learning, of understanding and of service in Thy kingdom. Build within them strength to resist the temptations of the world. Give them the will to walk in virtue and faith, to be prayerful and to look to Thee as their constant anchor."
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you are recovering quickly. It looks like you are having a great time and doing lots of good work!
Grandma and Grandpa,
I wish I could have one of those fish. I think it would be fun to have one of those giant panda bears as a pet. Will you bring me one home please. I love you!
Robbie
Post a Comment